A 30-year-old woman, simply identified as Nnenna, was on Wednesday, burnt to death in an early morning inferno in Tudun Kauri, Lafia, Nasarawa State.
An eyewitness, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the woman was burnt to death in a four-bedroom flat.
He narrated that the fire was caused due to electric spark when the AEDC brought light.
The witness, however, applauded the men of fire service, adding that they were able to rescue the parents of the deceased through the window.
Confirming the incident, Alhaji Dogara Dalhatu, the Chief Fire Officer in the state, said that the cause of the inferno had yet to be ascertained.
“For now, we cannot say this is the immediate or remote cause of the fire. We are still working on that.
“A live was lost, simply because they did not tell us that there were people inside,” he said.
He urged residents to always put off their cooking gas before going to bed and stop putting petroleum products in their homes.